Interview With The Artist: Teresa


By: Courtney Glover McElwee 5-25-2018


Today I had the pleasure of interviewing Teresa. Teresa, also known as Unrealistic-Dreamer, is a digital artist from Los Angeles. She also goes by the pseudonym Alex and has been creating her wonderful art for three years now on DeviantArt. Teresa is an American artist whose parents immigrated from China before she was born. She’s also bilingual, speaking both english and cantonese. Teresa originally lived in San Francisco until she moved to Los Angeles to pursue a higher education. Currently she’s a freshman at Southern California University. Teresa enrolled in SoCal University about a year ago when she decided to pursue digital art as a career.

When asked about her art, she replied, “I usually do character designs to sell and occasionally fan art. I’m a self-taught digital artist, but I know how to use traditional mediums such as painting and ceramics. I also know how to sew; courtesy of my mother, who is a tailor. Two things I haven’t tried yet are sculpting and 3D modeling, but it’s on my bucket list.”

I asked Teresa what inspired her to take up art, “It’s strange, but I actually remember a lot from my childhood, especially when I was 1-2 years old. My favorite early memory of art was with my mother. She drew a caricature of our family and that started my interest in drawing. She encouraged me to take up art as a hobby, but probably didn’t expect me to turn it into a career. She’s still very supportive of me though.”

Art has always been a part of Teresa’s life. When she was about 9 or 10 years old, her friends introduced her to manga. They decided to start doodling their own comics. “It was full of childish jokes about farts,” Teresa remembers.

Overall, Teresa enjoys working with all mediums. When asked if she had to choose just one, she replied “I would say ceramics because I get to create practical pieces and decorate them while making a mess. There’s also a thrill in taking risks because you never know if the glaze will come out as you expected from the kiln.” Her favorite instrument to use is a thin pointed stylus or brush. “I noticed I usually use those to sketch and work in tiny details in my pieces.”



Go check out Teresa’s beautiful art @ https://unrealistic-dreamer.deviantart.com/gallery/












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collector of Souls

The Facts About Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism

Free Speech