Interview With The Artist: Tj

By: Courtney Glover McElwee 5-22-2018


Today I interviewed the artist Tj. She’s known as TheFaeryKing on DeviantArt. Tj is a teenage artist from Memphis, Tennessee who has been drawing since she was a small child. When she was about 9 or 10 years old she noticed an improvement in her style and technique. Her style of art is cartoons and comics. “Most of my art seems to be focused on things that seem bright and colorful without context, though there’s odd undertones,” Tj remarked. Since 2013 she ‘s been actively trying to improve her technique.

I asked her about the first piece of art she ever did, “My first proper ‘refined’ piece was an eye on fire floating through space. It wasn’t very good, but I still have it and it makes me happy to see how much I’ve improved.” When asked what inspired her to start creating art, she replied “A lot of things. Originally, I just wanted to draw since a lot of other kids were doing it, too. I used to write before, but I got too depressed to do so regularly. After I stopped writing for awhile, I had so many stories in my head that I felt the need to get them out. I was seeing a lot fandoms and cool art on the internet, so I decided to start drawing, too.”

Her favorite type of art to create is comics. “I haven’t posted any yet, but I’ve been working on one specific comic for a while now that I may release later this year if I give the story justice.” Her tools of the trade are prismacolors pencils for coloring and gel pens for lining. She uses markers and paints for larger pieces occasionally and hopes to color her comics digitally eventually. Tj Intends to release a webcomic later this year. For an artist so young, she shows great potential and looks to have a promising career ahead of her.

Go check out Tj’s beautiful and colorful art work @ https://thefaeryking.deviantart.com/











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collector of Souls

The Facts About Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism

Free Speech