Interview With The Artist: Taly


By: Courtney Glover McElwee  


Today I interviewed the artist, Taly. Taly is a 30 year old artist from parts unknown. Known as TrollGirl on DeviantArt, Taly is an amazingly and gifted young woman. I’ve been a fan of her work forever and she never disappoints with her beautifully creative and colorful artwork. She is so gifted as an artist, that many of her pieces have become tattoos, forever on the truest canvas of life, the human body. Let’s just say, I know who my next tattoo design will be from!

Taly has been creating art for 27 years now. She may have only been three when she created her first masterpiece, but I have no doubt that this is her true calling. Taly has been a member of DeviantArt for 13 years now and her art never ceases to inspire and stir the imagination. She describes her style as fantasy and animal art, with the occasional touch of surrealism and horror. I asked her what inspired her to be an artist, she replied “The boredom that comes with being too poor to afford normal children’s toys, with a sprinkle of attention disorders.” Her favorite subject to paint, “Probably cats, either that or dragons.” Her tools of trade, “Watercolors and my go-to tool, but I’m fond of digital art as well.”

A fun fact about Taly is that at least 20-30 people are walking around this world with tattoos of her art on them. She’s illustrated several children’s books about vegan lifestyle, as well. She sees her art as fun and colorful despite her dark side. “My art is very fun and colorful, which convinces people I’m a positive person, while I’m toxic and dead inside.” Some say that the most beautiful art comes from the most tortured of souls, and Taly is no exception. Her vibrant art is a bright light for all who live in the dark as she does. She hopes to become a tattoo artist one day, saying “I’ve got a tattoo machine and I’ve been practicing on lemons...tough, butched tattooed lemons!” Leave it to Taly to once again lighten our mood. She is also the artist of one of my DeviantArt group icons.

You can see all of TrollGirl’s colorful arthttps://www.facebook.com/TheArtOfTalyReznik/















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collector of Souls

The Facts About Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism

Free Speech