Souls, Spirits, & Ghosts

The soul is described as the cosmic liquid of life that fills the vessel (body) and gives us life. Souls, ghosts, and spirits, are basically, all the same thing. Though, I’m sure someone somewhere may disagree with that. Webster’s dictionary defines souls as “the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.” Spirit is defined as “the nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.” Ghosts are defined as “an apparition of a dead person that is believed to appear or become manifest to the living,” typically as a translucent image. But the words (souls, spirits, and ghosts) are often interchangeable in everyday conversation. Whatever you choose to call them, they are often reported as a transparent apparition, and in some cases as solid as any living person. Often the spirit is wearing clothing from the time and place when they were alive. Different types of spirits also include spirit guides, poltergeists, Will of the Wisps, and fairies.


I, myself, have witnessed several ghosts over the years, as well as experienced other types of paranormal events. I once witnessed a spirit of a young woman, early twenties, in antebellum clothing. She was trying to speak to me, as if she was trying to tell me something extremely important. But her words were soundless, as if the volume had been muted. I had no idea what she was trying to tell me. Think of the movie, Odd Thomas, and the types of ghosts the main character encountered. Anton Yelchin’s character, Odd Thomas, could see the ghosts, but not hear them. My particular spirit was in the corner of my bedroom, for almost a full five minutes. I never once took my eyes from her, pinching my arm repeatedly to make sure I wasn’t just dreaming. The pain from the pinching and the red marks on my arm were proof that I was not. 


I often wonder why I had never seen her before that day, and why I have never seen her since. And of course, I will always wonder what exactly she was trying to tell me. She was very beautiful, dressed in a flowing 19th century gown, and she appeared to have blonde hair. Her entire image was the same solid shade of white. Her hair, clothes, face, everything. It was all the same shade of white. Almost as if she had been drained of all of her color. An electric purple color outlined her entire form, just along the outer edges of her being. She was floating perhaps a half foot off the floor, with her hair and dress flowing as if she had been caught in a steady breeze or floating in water. I will never forget her for as long as I live.


My other paranormal visitations always seem to involve some sort of object, being flung or thrown at me. Some objects falling from high up and slamming onto the floor, as if it had been thrown or pushed by someone. One particular instance, a heavy furnace grate flung itself at me from across the other side of the hallway, just barely missing me. I’ve placed an object, like a book, down in a particular spot, only for it to disappear when I go to look for it. As if it had suddenly become invisible to the human eye. In some cases, the item was later returned in the exact same place it went missing from. Missing items include several spoons, forks, books, and one set of keys. In a few instances, the item disappeared and was never returned. This includes a pair of my Doctor Who socks. Needless to say, I was very upset at the loss of my DW socks. 


I have always believed that ghosts, spirits, and souls are just different words for the same thing. In the Bible, it mentions both the Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost, both being one in the same. There’s also the possibility of what we perceive as a spirit, to simply be just the left over energy from a once living person. It’s an accepted fact that while alive, we all give of energy. When we die, we leave part of that energy behind. Whatever you might believe, there are undoubtably some things that just can’t be explained away by science. 






        










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collector of Souls

The Facts About Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism

Free Speech